Search button

Need Advice? Call us now on:

0845 050 1958


Request a Call Back
Abuse Claims Farleys Solicitors LLP

Claims Against Social Services

Making a Claim Against Social Services

Social Services have a duty of care to protect vulnerable members of society, including children. Unfortunately, social services can often fail to intervene to protect a child despite clear indicators of potential risk.

Farleys Solicitors are specialists in assisting individuals throughout the UK with various issues which may give rise to a claim against local authorities. Even if the events occurred several years, or even decades ago, our team may still be able to help you with a claim.

If you have been failed by social services, either in a recent case or in the past, our expert solicitors may be able to help you to pursue a compensation claim. To speak to a solicitor who specialises in claims against social services, call 0330 134 6430, or alternatively, you can email us. All enquiries are treated with the strictest confidence.

If your case relates to conduct of social services in Care Proceedings, we may be unable to help. However, we can direct you to the local authority’s complaints procedure or to the Law Society website, which provides a list of solicitors who may be able to assist.

Abuse Claims Farleys Solicitors LLP

£9.6 Million Awarded to Brothers Following Local Authority Neglect

On 10 December 2018 the Queens Bench Division of the High Court approved settlement in the case of A and S v LCC. The Approval Hearing took ...

Clients A and S Claims Against Local Authority Client
Read Case Study
Abuse Claims Farleys Solicitors LLP

Farleys secure £1million compensation for victim of Local Authority neglect

Farleys secure £1million compensation for victim of Local Authority neglect. On 16 May 2018 Manchester County Court approved settlement in...

Client JJ Claims Against Local Authority Client
Read Case Study
Abuse Farleys Solicitors LLP

£640k Compensation after Local Council fails to intervene & prevent abuse

Expert abuse solicitors at Farleys settled a claim on behalf of Client J. This case is believed to be the biggest ever award against a Counc...

Client J Abuse Claim Client
Read Case Study
Abuse Claims Farleys Solicitors LLP

£9,000 Damages for Child Following Separation From Mother

Child J brought a claim under Article 8 of The Human Rights Act against Devon County Council as a result of their breach of the Human Rights...

Child J Claims Against Social Services Client
Read Case Study

Contact a Solicitor to Sue Social Services

Contact a Solicitor to Sue Social Services

What kind of claims against Social Services do Farleys handle?

Our solicitors can help you claim compensation at no cost for:

- Abuse claims against a social worker
- Abuse whilst in care
- Negligence of social services
- Removal of children without consent
- Abuse by foster carers

How will my claim be funded?

Farleys Solicitors may be able to pursue your claim with Legal Aid funding under our Actions Against Detaining Authorities (AADA) franchise. Alternatively, we may be able to pursue your claim on a no win no fee basis. Either way, our experienced and understanding lawyers will be able to help.

What can I claim for?

Farleys’ abuse claim specialists can help you claim for:

- Care Requirements, Present and Future
- Loss of Earnings, Present and Future
- Medication
- Physical Injury
- Psychological Trauma
- Other Treatment Costs

Contact a Solicitor to Sue Social Services

If you feel that you have been poorly treated by social services or have suffered as a result of the negligence of a social worker or the service as a whole, our solicitors will be able to advise you as to whether you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

For a free of charge discussion with one of our specialist solicitors, which can be conducted over the phone or during a face-to-face meeting, please contact us on 0330 134 6430, or complete your details below and we will call you back.

Related Articles

55 Men Arrested In Yorkshire in Child Sex Abuse Investigation

Over the last few months, detectives have arrested 55 men allegedly involved in historical child sexual abuse. The allegations have come fr...

Read More
Mehren Sulaman Litigation Executive

Child Sexual Abuse: Children’s Home Worker on Trial

A children's home worker and former fireman has appeared in court charged with 33 offences against boys aged between seven and fourteen year...

Read More
Paul Corrigan Partner

Lessons to be Learned from the IICSA Nottinghamshire Councils Investigation

This week concludes the IICSA’s investigation into child sex abuse in Nottinghamshire, the largest inquiry into child sex abuse conducted ...

Read More
Ariella Jones Trainee Solicitor

Get in touch

Request a Call Back

Call us now on:

0845 050 1958