Request a callback
Licensing Solicitors
Licensing Solicitors

Personal Licences

Solicitors for Personal Licences

If you intend to be a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) or are looking to appoint someone to the role at your licensed premises, you/they will need to hold a personal licence. It is also advisable to have a number of personal licence holders on your premises to ensure there is always someone on shift who holds a licence and understands the requirements of your premises licence.

Applying for a Personal Licence

To be eligible for a personal licence you must:

  • Be over 18 years old
  • Be eligible to work in the UK
  • Have passed the exam for the Award for Personal Licence Holders
  • Not have had a personal licence revoked in the last 5 years
  • Have no convictions for “relevant” offences in the UK or abroad as evidenced by a Disclosure and Barring Service check
  • Have two passport style photographs signed by a professional to submit with your application

If you satisfy all of the above criteria, you can then complete your application with the help of our licensing specialists who will arrange for it to be sent off, along with the relevant fee, to your local licensing authority.

A personal licence is portable and can be moved around premises if you change jobs or businesses as it is registered under your name. As of 2015 personal licences no longer need to be renewed, although personal licence holders do have duties to notify the issuing authority of various changes in circumstances. As such, a personal licence is a useful addition to a CV.

Contact a Personal Licence Specialist

For assistance with your personal licence application please call the team on 01254606008 or email

Get in touch

Request a Call Back

Call us now on:

01254 606008

What Our Clients Say

We truly value and appreciate the feedback we receive from our clients, as we look to improve the services we offer on an ongoing basis