Request a callback
Licensing Solicitors
Licensing Solicitors

Temporary Events Notices

Temporary Events Notice Solicitors

Temporary Events Notices (TENs) are used on occasions where licensable activities will be taking place at a venue not covered by a premises licence or where an existing premises licence does not fully cover the activities during a temporary event.

TENs enable you to sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, and serve late night hot refreshments during your event, wherever it may be.

Farleys Solicitors can cut through the legal jargon of licensing and ensure your event is fully covered by the necessary licence eliminating the stress and letting you focus on planning your event.

Temporary Events Notices for Non Licenced Premises

Whether you are holding a beer festival in a cricket pavilion or a concert in a village hall, a TEN will provide you with the necessary licensing cover for up to seven consecutive days and for up to 500 people (including staff/organisers).

Temporary Events Notices for Licenced Premises

If your premises already holds a license but you are planning hosting an event providing licensable activities that are not included in your licence or holding an event outside the boundaries of the licenced premises, you will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice.

Temporary Events Notice Limitations

Anyone over the age of 18 can apply for a Temporary Events Notice however; you can only apply for 15 TENS per year or 50 TENS if you already hold a personal licence. A Temporary Events Notice will only cover an event attended by less than 500 people (including staff and performers) and there must be 24 hours between each event at the same premises.

If you have left it rather late to apply for a TEN, it is possible to get a Late Temporary Event Notice between five and ten working days before your event is due to take place. The number of times you can apply for a late notice is two (or 10 for those who already hold a personal licence) in each 12 month period.

If you are unsure whether your event will need a Temporary Events Notice, get in touch with our experienced licensing solicitor who will discuss the needs of your event, advise on most suitable kind of licence for you and what is required to comply with it.

Contact a specialist in Temporary Events Notices

Get in touch with Farleys’ licensing team on 01254606008 or email for the advice and guidance you need.

Get in touch

Request a Call Back

Call us now on:

01254 606008

What Our Clients Say

We truly value and appreciate the feedback we receive from our clients, as we look to improve the services we offer on an ongoing basis