It is important for a business to undertake regular reviews of its current structure to determine whether any changes are needed to protect its assets or otherwise improve the profitability or efficiency of the business. In the current economic climate more businesses have been under pressure to respond to the increased market competition which often involves a complete overhaul of the previous structure in order to satisfy new business objectives and aims.
Corporate Restructuring Services from Farleys
Types of corporate restructure Farleys often advise its clients on include:
- Converting from a sole trader or partnership to a limited company (also known as incorporation)
- Making changes to the structure of a group of companies, including setting up holding companies
- Hiving-up assets
- Management Buy-Outs / Management Buy-Ins
- Merger / Demerger
- Changes in share classes and rights
- Converting an unlimited company to a limited company
- Converting a private company limited by shares to a public company with a share capital
- Utilising the reduction of share capital procedure in the Companies Act 2006.
The Involvement of Our Corporate Lawyers
Farleys have a dedicated team of corporate solicitors with extensive experience in co-ordinating all types of corporate transactions. We will quickly establish your business objectives and provide you with expert advice and assistance throughout any restructure your business requires. We have a ‘hands on’ approach and provide practical support and advice based on solid experience and commercial understanding.
It is likely that you will have consulted your accountants or tax advisors in relation to your proposed restructure and so we would work closely with them to make sure all the tax and accounting objectives are achieved alongside the legal ones.
Due to our experience handling business transactions and maintaining contact with businesses of all sizes on a daily basis, our solicitors can provide practical business advice at every stage of the transaction to ensure that it is progressed efficiently and effectively from start to finish. We pride ourselves in taking a client focused approach and will always strive to complete the transaction in the specified timeframe and in a cost effective manner.