Employment law and Human Resource (HR) issues are often the most time-consuming and difficult areas for any business. It’s also an area in which business owners and managers can find themselves faced with substantial claims from employees, despite not being aware of having done anything wrong, or in respect of legislation that they were unaware even existed.
Prevention is often far better (and cheaper) than cure, and businesses’ interests lie in ensuring that they are aware of the latest developments in UK employment law, are well grounded in HR issues and have immediate access to expert legal advice if trouble starts.
When employment or HR litigation is necessary your company will need expert employment solicitors to minimise the damage to your business, and to keep potentially costly employee claims at bay.
Our employment solicitors can provide legal expertise for:
- Breach of Contract
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contracts of Employment, Policies and Procedures
- Deduction of Wages
- Directors Service Agreements
- Disciplinary Procedures and Related Issues
- Harassment and Bullying
- HR and Management Training
- Redundancies, Lay Off and Short-Time Working
- Restrictive Covenants and Confidentiality
- Settlement Agreements and Termination Packages
- TUPE / Business Transfers
- Unfair Dismissal Claims
- Variations to Contracts of Employment
- Workplace Discrimination and the Equality Act (related to sex, race, disability, age, religion and sexual orientation)
If a particular employee dispute cannot be resolved and a claim is made against you, Farleys Solicitors can also advise and represent your company during employment tribunal proceedings.