Farleys’ media and entertainment lawyers assist those in the film, television, music, publishing and entertainment industries. Our specialist media lawyers provide high quality advice to individuals in the public eye, always keeping their commercial interests and reputation in mind. Our team regularly assists those in the film, television, music, publishing and entertainment industries on a wide range of issues specific to the sector including:
- Contractual advice
- Contract negotiations
- Sponsorship deals
- Image rights issues
- Copyright issues
- Breach of contract
- Disputes involving third parties (eg. agents)
- Privacy issues
Our clients include actors, television personalities, authors, broadcast journalists, musicians, sports people and comedians who we represent on both an advisory basis (before any agreement has been signed) and in litigation (where there is a dispute to be resolved). Our media lawyers can act alongside an individual’s existing agents or representatives, or where none are retained, we can undertake negotiations directly on behalf of the individual.
Recent Media Law Cases
- Our media lawyers recently successfully defended a claim for breach of contract involving a brand endorsement by a well-known television personality.
- We successfully obtained damages and a printed clarification from six national newspapers in relation to defamation.
- Our media solicitors brought a claim against an international publisher for false endorsement.
- We advised a soap actress in relation to exploitation of image rights.
Unlike the majority of industries, there is often intense public and media interest into the lives of those involved in the entertainment industry. As such, we understand that discretion is of utmost importance and the completion of your legal matter in an efficient and discreet manner is our priority.