Role: Paralegal – Abuse & Inquests
Location: Manchester city centre
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Farleys are currently looking to recruit a paralegal or legal assistant to join our abuse and inquests team, working as an assistant to the partner and head of department.
The role would suit someone who is looking to start out their career in law as an aspiring trainee solicitor or paralegal, getting real, on the job experience in our busy team. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in high-value claims and high profile matters, such as the football abuse and grooming scandals.
The successful candidate will carry out a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Liaison with clients, external counsel and medical experts
- Research tasks
- Completing CICA and Legal Aid applications
- Taking new instructions
- Conduct of fee earning work
- General administrative tasks and diary management.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and ambitious team player, and keen to progress in this area of law.
There are fantastic long-term prospects to develop your career at Farleys and we are confident we can offer you a supportive environment to flourish in. This role is a great opportunity to play a key part in the continued success of our team.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for the role please submit a CV and covering letter via the ‘Apply Now’ button below, telling us more about you, your experience and what you can bring to the role.
What we can offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 28 Days Holiday (including bank holidays), with an extra day holiday per year of service (up to an additional 5 extra days)
- Your birthday off!
- Ongoing training and development, and opportunities for progression
- Annual firmwide social events x 2, including internal staff awards
- Workplace pension
- Recruitment and legal department referrals (subject to T&C’s)
Find out more about why our people choose to work for us here: Working at Farleys.
For any further enquiries about this role, or any other vacancies that we currently have, please contact our team on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Us TodayWe're here to help.
Call us on 0845 050 1958