Need Advice? Call us now on:

0845 564 3903


Request a Call Back

Child Maintenance Agreements

Child Maintenance Agreements

Get In Touch

Don't hesitate to get in touch and see how our experts could help you

Call us now on: 0845 564 3903

Farleys Solicitors has a specialist team of child support agreements solicitors who can provide advice about both voluntary child maintenance agreements and about CSA child support assessments. We have expert family law solicitors in our offices in Manchester, Blackburn, Burnley, Accrington and Shadsworth.

We help draft child maintenance agreements when parents or legal guardians reach their own arrangements in relation to financial support for a child following a separation or a divorce. This is usually preferable to involving the Child Support Agency (CSA), who can often take some time to carry out child support assessments. Where the CSA is involved, we can advise you on interim child maintenance payments.

We understand the end of a relationship is very stressful, and we know that both you and your partner will want to make the situation as easy as possible for your child and that you will want to ensure that you continue to provide your child with everything he or she needs. This is why, where possible, we recommend a voluntary child support agreement so as to keep relations as friendly as possible. A voluntary child maintenance agreement can cover:

  • the amount of maintenance payable for a child
  • the frequency of child support payments
  • the arrangements for the maintenance payments, e.g. by standing order
  • any agreement for periodic review of the amount of the child support payments

A child maintenance agreement could also include a child care (‘custody’) agreement. Where the child splits his or her time between parents, the amount of child support is usually reduced accordingly.

For child support advice or to speak to an expert family law solicitor about child maintenance agreements and ways to avoid using the CSA, contact a Farleys lawyer on 0125 460 6090 now or e-mail us.

Your Next Steps.....

Speak to one of our experts

To discuss your legal query with one of our experts, call us today on 0845 564 3903 or submit your legal enquiry below.

Enquire today

To find out more about how our team of experts can help you, send us some details and we will come back to you as soon as we can

If you have an enquiry and would like us to call you, please fill out the form below.

  1. (*)
  2. (valid email required)
  3. (*)

cforms contact form by delicious:days

Want to ask a member of our team a question, please fill out the form below.

  1. (*)
  2. (valid email required)
  3. (*)
  4. Captcha

cforms contact form by delicious:days